- Jungle Safari
Jungle/Wildlife Safari in Uttarakhand
With an exciting open jeep safari in Raja Ji National Park, Explore the wildlife of Rishikesh. Jungle Safari in Rishikesh is one of the most engrossing natural tours for visitors from the different parts of the country and world. Through this extremely exciting activity of Jungle Safari organized by the Government of Uttarakhand, one can truly feel the wilderness and panoramic landscape of jungle at its best. Jungle Safari in Raja Ji Park means an opportunity to see over 315 species of birds and spotting many species of animals. Undoubtedly, it is one of the thrilling experiences one can have. If you love nature and wildlife, then surely this is the best option you can have as through this, you can closely explore the beauty of flora and fauna. The open jeep safari in Rishikesh starts from Chilla and lasts for about 2 or 3 hours. During the safari, the jeep takes you to the deep inside the jungle that doubles the fun and enjoyment of the Jungle Safari.
Raja Ji National Park
In the name of a prominent leader and freedom fighter, Late Shri C. Rajagopalachari; Raja Ji National Park came into existence in the year of 1983. Spread over the area of 820.42 sq km of Shiwalik bio-diversity, this park was formed as a result of an amalgamation of three famous sanctuaries of Uttarakhand namely, Rajaji Sanctuary, Chilla Sanctuary and Motichur Sanctuary. Raja Ji National Park also covers the three major districts, Haridwar district, Dehradun district and Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand. The park is a home to many endangered species and is also famous as a Tiger Reserve. One can witness many endangered species here that includes:
- Animals: Asian Elephants, King Cobra, Tigers, Sambhar, Himalayan Black Bear and much more.
- Birds: Great Indian hornbill, Kingfishers, Blue-headed Thrush, Oriental white eye and so on.
- Strictly follow the instructions given by the team before starting the jungle safari.
- Do not intake the consumption of alcohol or other intoxicating products.
- Maintain silence during the trip if you wish to view animals. Also, teasing, shouting and chasing animals is prohibited.
- Except for definite spots, do not get down from the jeep.